The Homelessness crisis.

Number of adult individuals who have accessed homeless accommodation since January 2014

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 11.56.10.png

There were 4,006 adults accommodated in emergency accommodation during the third quarter of 2016. This is the largest number of adults accommodated in a quarter to date.  Of these, one adult in six (17%; 668) were new presentations assessed as homeless and placed in emergency accommodation. The remaining 83% (3,338) were repeat or existing service users.  Capacity has increased each quarter to accommodate additional demand for emergency accommodation.  The number of adults with children has increased from 939 in December 2015 to 1,357 in September 2016 while the number of adults without accompanying children has remained in the region of 1,600 for the previous three quarters.

Courtesy of homelessdublin.ie/homeless-figures